Scoot has done a bunch of work on the launcher, totally rewamping the UI, adding a single button upload of logs (greatly helping debbing issues), and much more… Many thanks Scoot.
- New user interface! Now with tabs.
- Added more options (starting tab, how to install game updates, whether to remember username/password/server).
- Added some tools (resetting settings, clearing all data, opening data directory, submitting logs).
- Allowed more kinds of mc:// URLs. Port number is now optional, and hostnames can be used in place of IPs.
- Made “www.” optional in minecraft.net URLs.
- Made error messages more informative.
- Added logging to %AppData%/charge/launcher.log.
You will need to download the launcher from the link at the top of the page.